DE®, Matsco, and ADA Member AdvantageSM encourage you to enter the 2008 Dental Office Design Competition
Are you proud of your new office? Do you think you've built the best-looking office in your neighborhood, city, or state? How about in the country?
For the ninth consecutive year, Dental Economics®, Matsco, and ADA Member AdvantageSM will honor dental offices that have gone “above and beyond” in terms of design and function. The 2008 Dental Office Design Competition is now accepting entries.
“This continues to be one of the premier competitions in dentistry,” said Allison Farey, president of Matsco. “Every year, we are amazed by the creativity and ingenuity displayed in dental offices around the country. Even more so, we are amazed by the number of practices with smaller budgets who do amazing things with not much money. This is a competition for every dental practice out there, not just those who spend millions of dollars on a renovation.”
This year, a Dental Office Design of the Year winner will be chosen from each of two categories — Small Practice (one or two practitioners regularly working simultaneously in practice) and Group Practice (three or more practitioners regularly working simultaneously in practice). In addition, four Outstanding Achivement awards will be selected from the remaning offices, regardless of size:
- Design Efficiency — Space planning and use of square footage to meet practice needs and objectives.
- Systems/High-Tech Integration — Selection, integration, and use of technology appropriate for practice needs and objectives. Note: If technology is planned for but not implemented, documented evidence of future implementation is acceptable.
- New Dentist Practice — Construction, expansion, or remodel of the first practice owned by a doctor or group of doctors who have graduated from dental school since 1998.
- Specialty Practice — Best new, remodeled, or expanded facility for a specialty practice.
“We implemented this newer category structure last year and we felt it allowed us to recognize more offices for their creativity, both in terms of design and technology usage,” Farey said. “Judging entries more on function and less on esthetics, it levels the playing field between ‘normal' and ‘Taj Mahal' offices.”
Entries must be postmarked by July 31, 2008. Judging will occur in October with the winner announced live at the 2008 American Dental Association annual session in San Antonio. The Small Practice Dental Office Design of the Year winner will be featured on the cover of the December 2008 edition of DE® with the Group Practice winner displayed in an early 2009 article.
Entry forms and additional information about the 2008 Dental Office Design Competition can be obtained fromMatsco. Visit www.matsco.com/DODC or call (800) 810-3778. Articles on previous office design competition winners can be found online at www.dentaleconomics.com by searching for “Matsco.”In addition to coverage in Dental Economics®, “Dental Office Design of the Year” winners will also receive:
- A $2,500 bonus marketing fund.
- A showcase on Matsco's Web site.
- An office plaque, recognizing the office as “Dental Office Design of the Year.”
Other winners will receive:
- A feature on Matsco's Web site.
- An office plaque, recognizing achievement in their particular category.
Additionally, each qualifying practice that submits an entry will receive a Certificate of Achievement, recognizing the practice's commitment to excellence in dental office design.