A Peer-Reviewed Publication Written by Marianne Harper
The need for dental-medical cross coding is growing in today's dental practices. Cross coding may be perceived as being too difficult to implement but this course will provide a detailed look at all aspects of medical coding and lay the foundation for a seamless implementation of cross coding. Dental practices that implement cross coding have an enhanced ability to increase reimbursement for their patients.
At the conclusion of this educational activity participants will be able to:
- Describe medical necessity and which dental procedures can be classified as medically necessary
- Describe the different types of medical insurance plans and those that require referrals
- Implement the different coding systems used for medical insurance
- Learn how to complete the medical claim form
- Learn how to add narrative information to the medical claim form
To view this course in its entirety, please click here.
Past DE Issues