When was the last time you:
- congratulated a staff member for a "job well done?"
- gave a staff member a raise without being asked?
- repainted, wallpapered or redecorated your office?
- brought job descriptions up-to-date?
- had your receptionist telephone patients who are overdue for an examination and cleaning to see if they are aware of the time lapse and would like to make an appointment?
- raised your fees?
- reviewed the financial plans for your retirement?
- consolidated whether your chair unit(s) and equipment project a positive image for your practice and reflect the quality of care provided?
- purchased new equipment for your business office?
- had a lively, give-and-take, constructive staff meeting?
- looked at an age analysis of your accounts receivable?
- attended a practice-management seminar? Attended with your staff?
- visited a successful colleague`s office?
- asked patients for feedback about the quality of care and service they received in your office?
- saw your child/children in a school play, recital, sports event or related activity?
- wrote a note of thanks to a dental dealer? laboratory? manufacturer? an officer of your association? a dental journal?
- told your staff how important they are to your practice and how much you appreciate them?
If this column has jogged you into action, it has served its purpose.
Bob Levoy is a marketing consultant, seminar speaker and writer based in Roslyn, NY. For further information, contact: Success Dynamics, Inc., 11 Vanad Dr., Roslyn, NY 11576; phone 516-482-5959.