3M Dental is changing the look of its packaging for 3M™ Face Masks. The change will greatly simplify product identification by using color bands on each box to separate different face masks that 3M manufactures.
The new box design incorporates a teal 3M trademark bar and a new functional color band. 3M Dental will apply these packaging enhancements to the following 3M Face Masks:
* Fluid Resistant Molded Face Masks (blue) #1942FB - blue band
* Fluid Resistant Molded Face Masks (rose) #1942FR - rose band
* Triple Layer Molded Face Masks (regular) #2042F - green band
* Triple Layer Molded Face Masks (petite) #2042FP - magenta band
* Tie-On Face Masks #1818 - purple band
Dentists first will notice packaging changes with the Fluid Resistant Molded Face Masks #1942FB and #1942FR. The current packaging of the Ear Loop Face Masks #2000F are in the new style box. (However, the new functional color band will not be displayed on the box until existing inventory is depleted.) All products bearing the redesigned packaging should be in full national distribution by early 1999.