Prof. Marwan Abou-Rass brings nearly 50 years of teaching cutting-edge innovations in the field of endodontic education. Has made some significant new concepts and methodology contributions including the development of :
- The concept of teaching molar versus central teeth as the best sequence for learning endodontic skills.
- The critical error approach to evaluate clinical performance.
- Stressed Pulp Concept
- Anti-Curvature Filing Method
- 4R Operational Diagnosis Protocol
- Guidelines for Composite Post and Core Buildup
- Endodontic Treatment Finalization Protocol
- Interim Endodontic Therapy for Native Bone Regeneration before Implant Placement
In addition to his DDS, Dr. Abou-Rass holds a Master’s degree in Dental Science in Prosthodontics, a certificate in Endodontics and a Ph.D. in Higher Education from the University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Dr. Abou-Rass served as Endodontic Department Chairman and Director of the Advanced Endodontic program at the University of Southern California, School of Dentistry (1971-2000). Dr. Abou-Rass moved to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in 2000, where he directed the AEGD program at PAADI from 2000 to 2012.
Currently, he is USC Professor Emeritus and publisher of Dental Economics MENA Journal and CEMENAOnline.com. Visit www.abourass.com online to view details from Dr. Abou-Rass’ curriculum vitae.