The on-demand recording for this presentation is now available. Register today to access the video!
Owning a dental practice has never been more complex. Reimbursement levels are down, staffing costs are up, tax burdens are high, and regulatory compliance is complicated. Yet financial opportunities still abound. Dentists who purchase a healthy practice and successfully transition that practice under their management stand to earn as much now as any dentist in the past.
Wes Read, CPA, CFP, provides a clear blueprint for the practice acquisition journey through this fast-paced, high-content presentation. Attendees will learn how to locate practices for sale, review practice financial statements, select their advisory team, and submit a letter of intent. They will also learn the top do’s and don’ts during the process of purchasing a practice. Additionally, attendees will learn how to start managing their future tax liability before closing on the practice.
What you’ll learn
- Recognize the key obstacles in a practice purchase and how to avoid them
- Identify sources which help you locate a dental practice to purchase
- Understand how to review the financial health of the target practice
- Know what to look for in selecting your team of advisors
- Analyze critical elements of the letter of intent and the due diligence process
- Understand the basic tax implications of buying a practice
- Explore case studies highlighting common pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Learn the difference between buying into a private practice and partnering with a DPO (optional course content below)
Wes Read, CPA, CFP, is the CEO of PracticeCFO and a certified financial planner. With his expertise, Wes assists dentists in bridging the financial management gap. He helps navigate the pursuit of life goals with the proper administration of one's dental practice and resources. His ultimate objective is to empower dentists to thrive financially.